JOIN US FOR ALUMNI WEEKEND!
September 5-7, 2019
During this special weekend focused on worship and purposeful leadership, you’ll have the opportunity to attend thought-provoking academic presentations, engage with current SFTS students and faculty, and experience restorative spiritual practices and community worship while enjoying plenty of free time to catch up with old friends and new. Members of both SFTS and University of Redlands leadership will be on hand to provide updates and answer questions about our recent transformative partnership.
A special welcome is extended to members of the jubilarian class of 1969, as well as graduates and spouses of class years ending in 4 or 9.
The event is free to attend, however lodging and meal plans can be purchased separately on the registration page. Regardless of meal or housing preferences, you must register to attend. You may also find lodging through Airbnb or by using our special group rate at the Four Points Sheraton in San Rafael.
Housing & Meal Plans
- Lodging: Susanna Baird Hall Retreat Center
$120 per night, includes breakfast
- Lodging: Trinity Guest House
$140 per night, includes breakfast
- Three day meal plan $100
(breakfast in on-campus lodging, Friday lunch & dinner, Saturday lunch)
- Two day meal plan $60
(breakfast in on-campus lodging, Friday lunch & dinner)
- Deans' Dinner (Friday, Sept. 6) $45
Join the Deans of University of Redlands and the Graduate School of Theology, along with faculty and student leadership, in conversation regarding the partnership between SFTS and the University of Redlands.
- Keynote Luncheon: Leading with Purpose: A Dean's Perspective (Saturday, Sept. 7) $40
Moderated by University of Redlands Provost Kathy Ogren, this luncheon and panel discussion will feature the University’s four deans and how their schools develop purposeful leaders who will not only serve their organizations, but their communities, nation, and world. Featuring Tom Horan (Jess & Donna Senecal Dean, School of Business), Andrew Wall (Robert & Mildred Peronia Naslund Dean, School of Education), Kendrick Brown (Dean, College of Arts & Sciences), Rev. Dr. Jana Childers (Newhall Endowed Dean, Graduate School of Theology)
- Contemplative Labyrinth Walks
- Welcome Reception, Hosted by the Office of Alumni Relations
- Used book sale at the library – most books only $1!
- Worship Design led by Dr. Marcia McFee of Worship Design Studio
- Community Worship with students, staff, faculty, and friends in Montgomery Chapel, with special recognition to jubilarian classes
- Casual Cookout on Alexander Patio with students, staff, faculty, and friends
- “In Troubled Times: Music, Worship, and Protest.” Join us for a benefit evening concert featuring recent alumnus, John Lyzenga (MDiv ’19), to support the Interfaith Movement for Human Integrity. John recently wrote and recorded an album of songs of lament and confession to be used in worship during these troubled times.
- Dinner with the Deans of SFTS and University of Redlands, joined by faculty, and student leadership
- Academic Seminar: “The Covenants and the Finalization of their Fulfillment by Jesus the Christ.” Dr. Herman Waetjen, Faculty Emeritus, SFTS
- Purposeful Leadership in Action: a day of academic sessions featuring the Deans and faculty from the GST and University of Redlands.
- Campus tours
- Plenty of free time to catch up with friends and classmates
- …and more!
Click here to download a schedule of events!